It’s become a yearly tradition here at OohBother to pen a celebratory Birthday Post for our most senior writer – Me. It may seem a little self-indulgent to write a post for yourself on your birthday, especially when one is busy managing a household and raising boys, but as much as I try to fight it, at my core I’m just a basic birthday bitch, who wants to write about herself on her special day. Because it’s Mom’s birthday and she’ll write if she wants to.
So without further ado, here are 33 things you may not know about me:
…And probably didn’t really want to know, but it’s my birthday so you’ll probably feel obligated to read.
- I was initially a BSB girl, but have transitioned to more of an *NSYNC fan, as I’ve matured.
- I’m terrible at making decisions. Which is why I always drink a red blend.
- Until this past Christmas, I only had four pairs of socks in my drawer. Now I have 400.
- I will never tell people I want socks for Christmas ever again.
- My very favorite movie ever is Awakenings. Don’t watch it unless you’re prepared to cry your face off for two solid hours.
- I tell people I don’t drink soda, but sometimes I sneak tiny Diet Cokes.
- I always speed.
- Sometimes I make myself late on purpose, just so I’m not waiting for other people. Maybe I should just stop speeding.
- Writing is one of my absolute favorite things.
- I’m terrible at decorating our home, so my husband does it.
- When I was 13, my younger sister threw a cordless phone at my face and I pretended my nose was broken, until she cried. She was 4.
- I snap my gum.
- I am so unbelievably, extraordinarily tired of playing Legos.
- In the last calendar year, my hair has been four very different colors.
- When I was 12 I had a palette expander that I had to crank every morning with a tiny, metal key. It’s purpose was to slowly move the bones in my face apart. I didn’t like it.
- My favorite author is Anthony Doerr.
- I’m a teribel speler.
- I haven’t eaten meat in about 6 years.
- When I was pregnant, I snuck Chik-fil-a twice and chicken salad once.
- I do not swear in front of my children. But I swear a lot in front of my husband.
- My favorite Pokemon is Squirtle. Apparently my teenaged penchant for nerdy stuff, comes in handy while raising boys.
- I did not own or wear a pair of jeans until I was in third grade. I still think jeans are the most uncomfortable part of any wardrobe.
- I have never returned a library book on time.
- My favorite meal of the day is lunch. All the options of dinner, with none of the finality when it’s over.
- When I was little, I used to perform “It’s my Party and I’ll Cry if I Want to” on our back deck with a wooden spoon. “Judy and Johnny just walked through that door, like a queen with her kiiiing!”
- My mom took my sister and I on a European vacation when I was 22. On the last day of our trip, we were sitting in a small airport in Italy, long before our flight was supposed to depart and during a frustrating moment I said, “I just want to go back to AMERICA.” What a BRAT! I’m still super embarrassed about that. Sorry Mom.
- When I was a kid, I had a crush on Bing Crosby.
- When I have the hiccups, my go-to solution is to hold my breath, close my eyes and think of 10 bald men. Not specific bald men. Just a row of bald men, sitting at a table.
- This year will be my third year planting a vegetable garden. I think I might actually have the hang of it.
- If I could meet any celebrity, it would be Tina Fey. No question.
- My absolute favorite candy in the whole world, is an Almond Joy.
- Despite having my bachelor’s degree in journalism, I’m not 100% sure, how to use, commas,,,
- I do not believe in ghosts, but that doesn’t mean I’m not super scared of them.
Okay, so there you have it.
33 ultra random facts about me in no particular order whatsoever. I hope that you are able to dispel this information from your brain quickly, as it is of absolutely no consequence to you.
But like I said, it’s Mom’s birthday and she’ll write if she wants to.